Ministry and Department of Sport, Arts and Culture release - level (3) sector directions and processes to be followed by stakeholders in making submissions
On Saturday 30TH May 2020, the Honourable Minister Nathi Mthethwa announced details of the Directions for Sport, Arts and Culture under the Disaster Management Act No. 57 of 2002 to the media and public. The Minister announced the staggered opening of professional non-contact sport and professional athletes training as outlined in the Regulations published on the 28 May 2020.The directions which Minister Nathi Mthethwa announced, focused primarily on sectoral implications in relation to the Government Level 3 Risk adjustment strategy to be employed in preventing and combating the spread of COVID- 19.
The sport bodies are required to comply with the Directions and submit their plans as outlined below.
As per gazetted Direction by the Minister, the sports bodies have 14 days to submit their plans on line with commencement from the 12 June 2020.
The written submissions must further indicate the following:
· Details of the Sport Body / Organisation applying
· Details of the Public Officer of the Sport Body / Organisation applying responsible for overall monitoring and reporting to Government on mechanisms to be employed
· Details of the Safety officer / COVID - 19 Compliance officer responsible for monitoring and implementation of Level 3 safety standards
Sport Bodies / organisations when making their applications must further submit / upload copies of the following compulsory compliance documents:
· Covid-19 Operational Plan in line with Annexure c
· Covid-19 Travel Guide Personal Declaration Form
· Daily Screening Questionnaire
Sport bodies / organisations must further respond to the following:
· State of readiness questions
· The activities timeline and data – focusing on training assumption / non-contact sport official resumption date
· Venue Details – Top venue (if applicable) must be listed with the required data where the matches will be taking place.
Note that all written submissions are to be forwarded electronically to the portal link outlined below and parties must ensure that all questions in the link are correctly answered.
Visit www.dac.gov.za or www.srsa.gov.za to load your applications.
Note that all submissions are to reach the department within 14 days (12 – 26 June) 2020 which thereafter, no further submissions will be accepted.
NB: All professional non-contact sport bodies who intend resuming training and playing may equally submit their plans irrespective of whether or not they appear on Annexure A.
All contact sport bodies for professional athletes who intend resuming training may equally submit their plans irrespective whether they appear on Annexure B.
For more information, kindly contact the sender thereof as per contacts details below
Masechaba Khumalo: Spokesperson (Minister),
Tel: 066 380 7408 | Email: email@example.com
Mr Mickey Modisane: Chief Director Marketing and Communications (Sport)
Tel: 082 992 0101 | Email: MickeyM@dsac.gov.za
Ms Zimasa Velaphi: Marketing and Communications (Arts and Culture)
Tel: 072 172 8925 | Email: ZimasaV@dsac.gov.za
Mr Noog Hendricks : IT (for all technical matters related online submission)
082 463 9183